Title: Senior Manager, Licensing Japan
Reports To: Vice President, Licensing Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Employee Classification: Permanent employee
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media. The company manages some of the world’s greatest athletes and fashion icons; owns and operates hundreds of live events annually; and is a leading independent producer and distributor of sports and entertainment media. IMG also specializes in licensing, sports training and league development. IMG is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
IMG is seeking a Senior Manager, Licensing Japan, to work on our Licensing business, based in the Tokyo office. Key brands the person will be responsible for entertainment brands including but not limited to MGM STUDIO IP’s, KAKAO FRIENDS, FORTNITE and CARE BEARS.
• Development of new business, new deals, and contracts for the revenue growth to Licensing Division in Japan.
• Negotiation and completion with new licensees for the growth of royalty revenue for the Division.
• Execution of license agreements with new licensees and renewals.
• Reporting and convincing licensors/brand clients to accept the business proposals.
• Responsible for the projection and achieving the budget for the Division.
• Structure and manage key strategic licensee partnerships and relationships for the establishment of core revenue income for the Division.
• Development a cohesive, sharply focused licensing plan for new/existing properties and brand clients.
• Development synergies with the other new/existing licensing programs for the Division.
• Drive division’s trade marketing plans and events, initiate and enhance licensees’ marketing initiatives.
• Work with division’s heads, including SVP and VP, in developing short and long-term strategic direction for Licensing Division in Japan.
• Management of existing license business for entertainment brands.
• Management includes monitoring QC process, analysis of sales performance for the brands, and support for marketing efforts by licensees.
• Support the sales executives for contract negotiation for new and renewal deals and respective legal processes with respective clients and IMG overseas offices.
• Support marketing efforts based on marketing calendars by licensors in terms of creating marketing ideas and establishing processes.
• Development of relationships with key retailers to implement unique and effective retail promotions for the said properties.
• Development of synergies with the other new/existing licensing programs and staffs within the Division.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree.
• Fluent in English (TOEIC 880 or above), both speaking and writing.
• Rich experience in licensing business and or retail business.
• Rich knowledge in entertainment, fashion, apparel, collectibles, food, and retail concessions.
• Must have Consumer Product industry work experience.
• Brand management or fashion background is preferable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Must be attentive and patient.
• Not job-hopper but who has long careers in each company.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.