- Job Title
- Licensing Manager
- IMG Licensing Japan
- The Company
- WME was formed when the William Morris Agency and the Endeavour Agency Merged in June 2009. The William Morris Agency was founded in 1898 and was regarded as one of the leading agencies for over 100 years. Endeavour was formed in 1995 and quickly secured its place amongst the top agencies. WME represents elite artists from all facets of the entertainment industry, including motion pictures, television, music, and theatre, publishing and physical production. WME also advises some of the world’s most recognized consumer brands to create entertainment-based marketing solutions. Headquartered is in Beverly Hills, WME also has offices in New York, Nashville, London and Miami.
IMG, acquired by WME in May 2014, is the world’s premier and most diversified sports, entertainment and media company. We are the global leader in the event management and talent representation across golf, tennis and fashion and has a significant presence in many other sports, cultural and lifestyle categories. IMG’s areas of expertise include media production and distribution across multiple platforms; events creations, management and sponsorship sales; consumer products licensing and athlete training.
In 2017 WME-IMG announced the formation of the new holding company, Endeavor, which has taken on the full portfolio of owned and operated brands formerly under the WME-IMG banner.
- Reports To
- Vice President of Licensing Japan
- Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday (9:30am to 6:00pm / 1 hour lunch break)
- Contract Type
- Permanent employee (正社員)
- Tokyo, Japan
- ASAP / replacement
- Main Responsibilities
- Licensing Manager is responsible for existing licensee’s maintenance including contract renewal, product approval and marketing
- Specific Responsibilities
- Management of existing license business for entertainment brands.
- Management includes monitoring of QC process, solicit of royalty report, analysis of sales performance, and support for marketing effort for licensees.
- Contract terms negotiation for renewal and legal process with IMG’s Cleveland, UK, USA office.
- Support marketing efforts based on marketing calendars by licensors in terms of creating marketing ideas and establishing process.
- Development of relationships with key retailers to implement unique and effective retail promotion for the said properties.
- Responsible for the projection and achieving the budget for the Division.
- Development of synergies with the other new / existing licensing programs and staffs within the Division.
- Qualifications and abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Attentive and patient
- Experience in Consumer Product industry work experience
- Brand management or fashion background is preferable
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (word, excel, outlook, power point)
- Fluent in Japanese and English (TOEIC 800 or above)
- Maintain work permit in Japan
- Interview process
- 1st interviews with Vice President and 2nd with Senior Vice President
English writing test (Eng to Jap & Jap to Eng translation/ 40 min.)
- How to apply